Wednesday, September 24, 2008

First Blog Post

Why haven't I thought of doing this before? I mean I enjoy writing, I enjoy reading other people's blogs, so why not have one of my own? And there I was thinking I could write short stories, let alone a novel. Baby steps! That's the way to go.

There are a few reasons why I want to start this blog. First, because I have moved from Germany to the U.S. and would like to share this experience. Since I've moved here I've worked in the customer service & the hospitality industry and have come across some funny stuff, which my mother claims I should "write down." Here you go, mom, this is for you!

Second, I love the process of writing, and the way it can make the reader feel. I like having an impact with my writing, so if you get mad or sad, happy or amused, bingo, mission accomplished.
Third, I have a lot of time on my hand where I sit in front of a computer, so what better way to reach out & express myself than blogging, right?!

I am excited about this new venture of exploring the endless possibilities of the world wide web...

No comments: